Monday 1 September 2014

Make your own skin exfoliant and moisturiser

Making your own skin exfoliant and moisturiser is a great way of cutting down the cost of your essentials. I use this recipe wherever I am.

Skin exfoliant and moisturiser ingredients:

Table salt
Olive Oil (original, not virgin)


skin exfoliant and moisturiser


Skin exfoliant and moisturiser method:

In a mug pour add in 4 table spoons of normal table salt. Then pour in olive oil (not virgin) and stir. You want to make sure the oil and salt have bonded so keep adding olive oil until there is no more white salt and you can pick the mixture up without it running through your fingers. When in the shower make sure your skin is damp and the pores have opened due to the warmth of the water. Rub the mixture in circular motions onto your skin firmly but not too hard. 

It's particularly great for those tough areas (elbows, knees and ankles) particularly when you wanting to do a spot of fake tanning. I use this on my face about once a week after a good facial steam. I use two fingers and gently massage the mixture in small circles.  Once rubbed in, wash the mixture off which will dissolve in the shower and your skin will feel silky smooth. I find I don't need to use a moisturiser after this as the olive oil is enough.

The olive oil and salt mixture may sound rather odd but it is something I either take with me on holiday or make wherever I am. If you're making it at home and taking it with you then use a decent plastic container (like a lock n lock) within a sealed sandwich bag to avoid any leakage.



How to remove acne scars

Scars left by acne skin have lost elasticity. Olive oil contains nutrients that help hydration. Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with four tablespoons of salt. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it 2 minutes then rinse with warm water. Do this every day for a week then 2 times or 3 times a week for significant results.


You should follow me on twitter here
Make the most of London with a Guided Tour - scheduled & private tours available

No comments:

Post a Comment